Search The Internet For The Answer...

Sunday, April 26, 2009

So What Exactly is a Blog?


Well, it's been a interesting first week of blogging for someone who hasn't done it before. That someone being me in this case. lol I've had some interesting & good comments thus far, and the feedback is all taken in very constructively. I like to say thank-you all for them.

Still early in the blogging game to say how long I'll stick with it? Seeing I got a week under my belt I think I'm in the blogging game for awhile. There are alot of interesting things that can be done on a blog compared to having a regular web site page that just sits there after an update becomes old after a few visits. A good blog is something that has content on a daily basis. Since starting my blog I've looked forward to seeing what I can write up for the day. There were a few days there, and hopefully just as many in the future, I found I had two or three articles/things to write about. Having more to write about can only be a good thing.

I've visited a few other blogs, and believe me in saying there's alot of them. Some were interesting and some were what the **** is this person talking about. It really is a different type of reading then the regular read of a newspaper or book. There's a blog about everything and it's one of the many things that makes this internet so interesting. So many different views and options to learn from. If some are still not sure what a blog is, and I'm one still though I have a better idea, here's a real good YouTube that explains it all:




My blogging if anything is a good platform to share an interest that I have and always will. The Fire Protection & Fire Prevention field has been a good part of my live thus far, that has taught me many new & interesting things and bogging about it enables me to re-visit ideas of the past. To be able to place these ideas in a different format as I am now makes it even more interesting. Like I’ve said in an earlier blog entry, I’m making my footprint on the internet. Maybe you should too? Try it! Believe me when I say, if I can do this then anyone can. If you do start a blog, make a comment here or send me an email of the web address to your blog. My email address is on the profile-page, the "clicky" to it is next to my pic, in upper right of page here. If you send me the web address to your blog, I will visit it.

Again, thank-you to those who have visited and hopefully you’ll continue to do so. Welcome to first time readers/views. See ya all on the Blog. : )

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rich

    Great start to your blog life! I like how you explained exactly what a blog is and embedding the In Plain English video was a great idea!
    I will be visiting often. Great advice here!

    ReplyDelete

Search The Internet