Search The Internet For The Answer...

Friday, April 24, 2009

How Do You Know...

How do you know someone or even mention something about a person that you never met, especially if it’s at a service in their memory after they have past?

I have been asked to say The Fireman's Prayer tonight for a past Fire Chief and Life member of the fire company I belong to, and to which I'm also the Fire Chaplin. Now, I have to say, though I am a person of faith I'm not a regular church goer. Haven been elected to the position of Fire Chaplin, my duties for the most part are to read a prayer before the monthly company meeting. I also did an open invocation at our past fire department banquet. Nothing beyond my capability of doing. To do the reading of The Fireman's Prayer is something new to me, but part of the duties of a Fire Chaplin. For the reading tonight, it's going to be a humble experence and very high honor to do so for a fellow Brother Fire Fighter.

It's said, "All men are created equal, and then a few became firemen. ~Author Unknown."

Well this past Fire Chief, Life Member, Veteran of WWII, part of that "Great Generation," and Community Servant was a Fire Fighter. To know that I know he was a caring man.

I never knew this past Fire Chief, Life Member before I joined the fire department I belong to now. But I think he was a loving man because I know his son & daughter in-law who are my neighbors.

I never met this Fire Fighter who has past, never spoke to him, and never had the honor of shaking his hand, but...

If I knew nothing else of him, I would have to say that the mark that this Fire Fighter left behind through his Family & Community I indeed knew him...

This Fire Fighter was a Caring and Loving Man.

It's an Honor to have known you sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search The Internet