Search The Internet For The Answer...

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

House Fire: Village of Owego New York 12.21.2015

(Owego, NY) At around 6:15 p.m. on Monday eveninga neighbor noticed the flames and called 911, for a fire call, for a working structure fire at 7 Fulton St. in the Village of Owego, New York which led to a quick response by local firefighter and police. The Owego Fire Department, Tioga Center FireDepartment, and Apalachin Fire Department all responded to the scene of the house fire.

"Teamwork" played a crucial role in knocking down Monday night's house fire in the Village of Owego.

"The ability to have an actual aerial ladder, versus working off of a ground ladder, is huge. In this instance, it helped us actually save property by quickly getting it deployed in a safe manner, and getting firefighters to the roof to contain the fire," Daniel Gavin, chief of the Owego Fire Department, said.


The fire erupted in the home and flames affected the first floor, exterior and attic of the residence. There was only one resident in the home at the time of the fire, who managed to escape safely.

That fire was cause by a wood stove on the first floor.

No one was injured in the fire.

(The usual disclaimers: I am not a journalist; This is a blog that expresses an outlook and is not conclusive in any shape or manner.) 

Search The Internet