Search The Internet For The Answer...

Thursday, December 3, 2015

House Fire Claims 83 Year Old Man’s Life 12.02.2015

(Sayre, PA) A house fire broke out,just after midnight Wednesday morning, at 105 Peck Street in Sayre, Pennsylvania with one man dead and a woman injured. Sayre fire officials say that 83-year-old Philip Bowman was smoking in bed with oxygen on when the fire started. “The gentleman was smoking in bed with oxygen on. That's how the fire started,” Sayre Assistant Fire Chief, Gil Crossett said.

“I didn't want to go in, but I saw the person moving, so I dove in and grabbed the guy and brought him out to the back porch. By that time the Sayre Police was there and one of our young fire fighters and they grabbed him and took him to the ambulance,” Sayre Assistant Fire Chief said.

Philip Bowman’s daughter, Kathy Seck, who also lived in the home at the time of the fire, was taken to a hospital in Allentown for treatment.
The 83-year-old Philip Bowmanpassed away of his injuries from a house fire at Robert Packer Hospital Wednesday morning. 
Fire officials said the home is a total loss.

(The usual disclaimers: I am not a journalist; This is a blog that expresses an outlook and is not conclusive in any shape or manner.) 

Search The Internet