Search The Internet For The Answer...

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happy Birthday TFPFP!


WOW! I've been having a lot of fun this past year doing the "blog thing." I've also been haven fun with the Social Media of Twitter and Facebook .

Oh, did I tell you that you can follow me on Twitter @FiremanRich.

Here it is a year later after starting Tioga Fire Protection & Fire Prevention (TFPFP) and today, yes today is the blog site's 1st birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Tioga Fire Protection & Fire Prevention!

This birthday blog post makes my 95th blog post for me. Lots of articles and lots of views over the last year. Maybe not as much as a Joel Comm, (@JoelComm), Chris Pirillo, (@ChrisPirillo) or even as much as The Fire Critic (@FireCritic), all of who are big time online celebrities, if I do say so myself. The blog posts I've made over the past year are a significant amount to where they are a big deal to me. They express a view and outlook of Fire Protection/Safety that is very important to me and allows me to be able to pass on this knowledge to each and everyone.

I really wasn't sure where this was all going to take me. When I first started I figure let me give it a try and see where it'll takes me. What would result is knowing that if I can blog then anyone can blog by just giving it a go. It has sparked an interest to learn a process and to pass on that knowledge as well as to encourage others who would not otherwise try doing a blog or create a twitter account.

Blogging isn't for everyone but if you have something to say or knowledge to pass on it's a great format to do so. Blogger by Goggle has worked out very well as a blog host for me. Couldn't beat that price of using it either, which is FREE!

The blog platform to work from has been and will continue to be a good place for me to share Fire Protection & Fire Prevention practices, thoughts, ideas, or just some general discussion. Doing so I found it keeps me engaged on the subjects and keeps its exciting. It's a work in progress for me, that’s fun. With all the other Fire Service Blogs that are out there now, reading them helps me become a better informed fire fighter with each blog post.

Now there’s that FIREFIGHTER netcast out there for us to listen to. Check it out you won’t be sorry, I know I wasn’t. . .

I’ve been in the process of listening to all the podcast since the start of them this past January. Their online and their on iTunes too! Lots of GREAT information that’s current for todays Fire Service. I’m hook and I’m a fan. Plus there’s some exciting things coming up so take the time to visit FIREFIGHTER netcast .

Well, time to have some cake & ice cream. The cake is a cupcake with one candle on it.

Part of starting a 2nd year of blogging, Tioga Fire Protection and Fire Prevention has a Facebook Fan Page now. . .


Isn’t this World Wide Web and Social Media Great! : )

Thanks again for all the visits to TFPFP and I look forward to future visits when I’m a doing the “blog thing.”

Be Safe Out There and God Bless.

(The usual disclaimers: I am not a journalist; this is a blog that expresses an outlook and is not conclusive in any shape or manner.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search The Internet