Search The Internet For The Answer...

Sunday, July 4, 2010

"Double Dipping Twitter Tweets No More!"










Anyone that has been reading & checking the TFPFP blog here you might have noticed that a slight change taking place over the last few weeks. That's the nice thing that I like about blogging and that is, it's pretty flexible in being creative and changing it up when you feel the need to. Ok now it was back a few months, on the April 18th blog post here at TFPFP that I started posting
"Twitter Weekly Updates" and "Social Media Updates" from my Twitter account @FiremanRich and I stated the following...

April 18th blog post: "Twitter Weekly Updates for 2010-04-18":

With my second year of blogging started, I figure it wouldn’t hurt to place the tweets I made over on Twitter for the week as a weekly blog post here on TFPFP. There’s other bloggers that do it from what I see and it gives one another reference spot to check out those tweets of interest. CONTENT, CONTENT! That’s what blogging is all about. CONTENT is KING!


If you blog and it becomes to rigid to where you start getting the feeling "Oh my God I have a deadline to meet," then your not having fun in doing the blogging process in my opinion. If you differ from that view then I can respect that, but for me something wasn't feeling right with my blogging. After looking over the pass two months of doing the blog thing I started to not like what I was seeing. All those "Social Media Updates" were looking like alot of CLUTTER! The "Twitter Weekly Updates" were looking more and more also like I was "Double Dipping" with my Twitter posts.

What do I mean by "Double Dipping," well here's a very good YouTube video of that classic Seinfeld double dipped chip scene that sort of explains what I mean and how I feel about "Double Dipping Twitter Tweets". . .



For me though after two months of doing weekly "Social Media Updates" in blog posts, because I saw other other bloggers doing it and I thought it would be neat to do for the extra blog content as my reason, I've decided to stop doing it. No more Double Dipping Twitter Tweets and or Clutter Twitter Tweets! Besides on the sidebar of my blog there's a Twitter Update section showing my last five current Tweets that I made and that is more then enough. Remember, you can follow me on Twitter @FiremanRich where I'll be doing the "Tweet on Tweeter & Have Fun!" thing.


Today, the 4th of July, is the United States of America's Birthday and the Good Old U.S.A. is a young 234 years old.

I wish every one a great & enjoyable Independence Day holiday.


When you BBQ ensure you do it safely and keep it fire safe so nobody gets burned.

If your shooting of any type of fireworks do so it safely. The previous blog post of the NFPA's press release has warnings as well as some very important & informative warnings when using fireworks.

Myself along with family will be watching the professionals fire off those fireworks. Not only safe but more enjoyable.

Keep it Fire Safe All & Learn Not To Burn!


(The usual disclaimers: I am not a journalist; this is a blog that expresses an outlook and is not conclusive in any shape or manner.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search The Internet