Search The Internet For The Answer...

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Podcast: Fire/EMS Safety Week...


This will be sort of a quick blog post to highlight a podcast that I listen to today. The podcast is over on the Radio @ Firehouse.com page and I don't usually listen to podcasts unless I'm sitting at the PC and there's nothing good on TV to listen to. Thought your suppose to watch TV one might be saying? Well, I usually have the TV on for the background noise because I don't like a quiet room. Goes back to my USAF days I guess. Call it having a nightlight on because your afraid of the dark. lol

Anyway, the podcast I listen to today (click on the hotlink below) was a discussion covering ...


Speakers on the podcast for this roundtable discussion are a Senior Writer from Firehouse.com, and guests from the USFA, IAFC, NFFF, and NVFC.

What was interesting as I listen was the outlook of how simple one's personal responsibility to safety is. We cut corners every now and then but if we're going to walk the walk and talk the talk, then we must do what is expected. That being "Protect Yourself: Your Safety, Your Responsibility." No one else is going to click that seatbelt as your riding to the emergency scene but you. I'm looking at fastening that seatbelt a lot different now.

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler" -- Albert Einstein

For more on this years 2009 Fire/EMS Safety, Health and Survival Week, visit:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search The Internet