Search The Internet For The Answer...

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Gnomedex 2010: Attended At A Distance. . .


Before the event even started I looked at the possibility of attending.

Cost to get in the door, no problem. Cost for a plane ticket and hotel room, well....slightly tight but doable.

It's when it came down to the "time" involved, it wasn't going to work. "Time" became the stopper in attending. This wasn't going to be a total wash though, because with today's technology and social media formats that are online via the internet, I felt I could follow Gnomedex 2010 in a scaled down sort of small way. I even made a YouTube video on the RichTVTioga YouTube channel of what I was going to do. Here's the video...


So, I was all geared up to pay close attention to the goings on at Bell Harbor Conference Center in Seattle WA via all the online internet tool that were available. Well, I wasn't disapointed. The #gnomedex Twitter feed was good as well as following individuals on Twitter who attended. The YouTube videos that were recorded by individuals attending were great also. All you have to do is do a Goggle Search for "Gnomedex" or head over to the lockergnome's Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/lockergnome#p/f on YouTube and you'll see a wealth of videos to watch.

The two online tools of Twitter & YouTube alone were great on keeping up, again in a small way, with what was happening at #gnomedex. It's when you add in the factor that Chris Pirillo had all the event's presenters/speakers that took to the stage streamed LIVE feed through UStream that it made you feel that you were actually there from a distance. Now Gnomedex 2010 is a event toted as "the Conference of Inspiration and Influence - where we showcase how Technology is changing the world!" The event's web page gives a very good breakdown and idea of all the happenings in Seattle WA for the two day event. http://www.gnomedex.com/ I think that Gnomedex once again accomplish exactly what it was billed as.


Now there was thousands of thousands of videos and pictures taken at Gnomedex but there was a certain picture that was quickly making the rounds at the conference as well as on Twitter...



The title of the famous photo is "How geeks go to the bathroom at #Gnomedex." You talk about a Kodak Moment! lol

It wasn't till later on the final day, at the sing along of the Gnomedex 2010 Song, that it was reveailed who belonged to the iPad on the stall floor and who was the owner in the stall. lol

Here's Derek K. Miller playing & singing the Gnomedex 2010 song with all attending singing along also...


This is the #Gnomedex conference that had a action pack lineup of speakers that keeped you engadged even while checking that Twitter feed on the TweetDeck.















Robert Scoble, @Scobleizer, a attender stated about Gnomedex, "This is the first conference where everyone is on a computer and using it during the conference and typing on it while the conference is going on."

Mattew Inman, @Oatmeat, one of the highlighted speakers/presenters said at the events after party, "I thought it was a PR Marketing conference and I was puzzling surprised it was just a big geek mix."

For me, I attended Gnomedex 2010 where there was a distance from Up-State New York to Seattle of about 2300 miles. But, because of todays technology as well as a forward thinking person, I as well as others attended "From Afar" virtually via the LIVE UStream feed. I was at #Gnomedex and I say Thank-You Chris Pirillo for providing the LIVE feed.

I felt like I was there & I was there at #Gnomedex 2010! : )



"We'll E You Later!"


(The usual disclaimers: I am not a journalist; this is a blog that expresses an outlook and is not conclusive in any shape or manner.)

Search The Internet